To Our Valued Patients:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked to reschedule your appointment if you answer yes to any of the COVID-19 screening questions. Please answer honestly for the safety of our staff and other patients.
- All forms, including patient intake forms and medical history updates, will be digital whenever possible. You may be emailed some paperwork to fill out electronically and securely return to our office prior to your appointment.
- Prior to your appointment, please fill out the Patient Screening Form. Click HERE to download and print.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We will do our best to accommodate you in a timely fashion.
- We will not have a patient reception area for the foreseeable future. Instead, we ask that you wait in your car and call the office to let us know you have arrived. We will let you know when to enter the office. Please be prompt for your scheduled appointment time. In an effort to maintain social distancing between patients and provide the highest standard of infection control, we may not be able to accommodate you if you are late.
- Please come to your appointment alone. One escort or chaperone will be permitted for minors or elderly patients.
- Please leave all belongings in your vehicle (purses, coats, etc.) to minimize items coming in and out of the facility.
- Please wear a mask when entering the building for your appointment. Please DO NOT wear gloves.
- There is hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- We will take your temperature and will ask you to reschedule if you have a fever of 100.4 degrees or more or any flu-like symptoms.
- The patient restroom will be closed, so please prepare appropriately prior to arrival.
- Prior to beginning treatment, you will be instructed to rinse with a peroxide mouth rinse.
- To minimize procedures that result in aerosolizing saliva, we will not use the Cavitron (water scaler) or tooth polishing paste.
In the coming days and weeks our team will be contacting our patients whose appointments were cancelled due to the shutdown to reschedule. Patients who are currently scheduled for the up-coming months will also receive confirmation phone calls. We appreciate your patience and compliance as we navigate the changes in the practice of dentistry together.
We very much look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep all our staff and patients safe.
-Dr. Almeida and Team